Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My Journey!

Nkiru Oh

Yes, I am embarking on a journey! Am sick and tired of  wasting my time! And how best to undertake this journey than to share my steps with the world knowing that it is a joy to share good tidings! See, I've been wanting to do this for long! Procrastination is the number one killer of success! Many procrastinate but it's never a good thing to do. So after all these years, I made up my mind to change! I have made several attempts before. But this one is like no other.

I am talking about a journey to weight loss! Fear is not always bad. Fear can be a motivator. Yes, I have allowed my fear of Type 2 Diabetes and other obesity-related diseases to force me to change for the better! Added to that is my fear of being crippled with Arthritis such that I'll not be able to wear my block high heels! Did you just say am vain? No dear, I ain't vain. Just being real! Delay can be dangerous! Yesterday, finally, I joined Nutrisystem! Yes, for weight loss! Oops! You thought it was some sort of a grand thing I was about to share with you? Well, to me, this is incredibly grand! This is great! Unbelievable! Super indeed! It is a journey of a lifetime! As we get older, our perspectives change. We become more health conscious. Moreover, any one logging about one hundred pounds, or more, of excess weight will understand what am talking about and why I am ecstatic and out of myself for my action! Yea, I don't look like a blob, right? I know...thanks! But truth be told, I am too heavy for my height! And that is very risky!

See, I don't want to use ugly names to describe me or my weight. I am a very beautiful woman inside and out! It's as simple as that! No one is gonna tell me or make me see me otherwise cos I need only me to validate Me! Thank goodness, I do not have any health issues! But it's sort of foolhardiness for me to wait until I fall sick to lose some weight. Besides, I need to motivate all those people who believe in me and look up to me. So yesterday, March 5, 2012, I took a quantum leap. I ordered my first 28-day Nutrisystem plan, and I've been congratulating me ever since! As Lao Tzu rightly said, the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. I've taken my first step. Yea, lemme receive my order first, then I'll take take it from there! And that, to me, is so cool!

I am embarking on a long journey. I know it is tedious but I intend to return better, healthier and happier. Would you like to journey with me? Talk to your doctor first, then join me from wherever you are. Let's do it together. For us! For health! For those looking up to us! Two heads, more ideas, more tips, more fun! Sure you realized I did not call it dieting? Yes, cos I don't want to set me up for defeat and failure! Won't want to bore me to death before I even start! Calling it a diet or dieting makes it look like a chore or some type of punishment! Naaa, not at this age and stage of my life! I'll rather call it lifestyle modification, lifestyle changes, eating healthier, healthy eating, being more health conscious, or the like. I'll rather term it my journey, 'my awakening'. Wish me safe journey. Be happy for me please! Join me! Share your health tips too! Will keep you posted...

"There is a great meaning in life for those who are willing to journey."-Jim England

No comments:

Post a Comment