Friday, March 9, 2012

Day One...

Nkiru Oh

I received my Nutrisystem order today. Got it at 12:23pm. One look at the meal packages and I really felt like throwing a tantrum! Jeez! Had I been younger, I would have just found any excuse, no matter how frivolous, to start crying, or weeping rather. I would have accused my older brother of stepping on my toes, or elbowing me as he walked past me, or giving me an evil look, and used that to cry bucketfuls! Oh how I wish I were a kid now! Would have gotten away with a whole lot today! But I am a full grown, matured woman so I am not allowed to do throw tantrums...mmmmmh...!

But seriously, I need me some wailing! Yes, it's like the loss of innocence. The portion size I mean! The discipline involved. What are they thinking? What really are they thinking? Yea, what are those Nutrisystem people thinking when they packaged those meals that look like they are meant for week-old babies? You know what, everybody should steer clear of me throughout this first week just in case I decide to throw some well-deserved, adult-tantrum any way! Yea! I mean, why not if that would make me feel good?

But I am determined to succeed! Can't afford to fail. Just cannot! So I weighed myself...recorded the weight in my journal...ate my special lunch, one of the littlest meal portion I've ever seen, to me though! One thing I must tell u is that the food tastes great. Yea, I like it! To avoid misbehaving, I got busy writing and blogging away. The experts say that it takes our brains twenty minutes to feel full. So while I was busy, twenty minutes lapsed. I forgot to think about the tiny portions anymore. And so, I saved me from having a 'weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth' episode this first day, and that's nice. But my journey just began...

"Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home."
--Matsuo Basho

No comments:

Post a Comment